Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sophia Loren

Sofia is my ultimate beauty icon. What fountain of youth does she bathe in?
I am reading her book, Women and Beauty, which is filled with her amazing beauty secrets.
Sophia attributes her natural beauty to “a love of life, spaghetti, and the odd bath in virgin olive oil.” The practice of bathing in olive oil dates back to her Roman ancestors. If you don't use extra virgin olive oil in your beauty routine, you are missing out! You can use it to remove eye makeup, deep condition your hair, add drops into a bath for supple skin, and gently massage into face for a softening facial, rinsing afterwards.

"There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of the people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age." - Sophia Loren
"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief she is beautiful." -Sophia
“If a young woman is beautiful but has no discipline, she will lose her looks as she grows older. If a plain woman is disciplined she will undoubtedly become more beautiful with time,” -Sophia
I hope to look this glam and gorgeous at 75!

25 comments:

Leah said...

I use virgin olive oil too... I apply it after bath before I towel dry.

But I think I'm missing out on something... the spaghetti. I have to eat more. Hahaha!

Have a great day! xoxo

stephanie Toole said...

I have actually heard of using grapeseed oil.. I just started using it before bed this week.. we will see what happens.. And I like to make my own spaghetti.. so maybe that will work extra well..
Beautiful post!

Eden said...

she is fantastic! at 70 shes still so vibrant and full of life... love her to tidbits! hmmm, should try using VOO..:)

really great blog, hope you can come check out/follow mine if youd like:)


<3
eden

Melissa said...

She is absolutely gorgeous!
& I will have to try using virgin olive oil (:

xx, Melissa
www.dearellaxolily.blogspot.com

OneCraftyFox said...

She is GORGEOUS! I love when she said, "everything you see I owe to spaghetti" or something like that :)

SR@MyStyle said...

Hi there-she is totally stunning and adorable, love this post!!

aaron said...

I like her.

aaron said...

i like her..

that girl lucy said...

wow me too!

Catherine said...

i was thinking, eh, whatever. until that part about being 75!! incredible! i hope to look that good at 50,
www.stitchandboo.blogspot.com xo

Pratishtha Durga said...

She is so beautiful. Has always been. Will always be. I agree with her on the quotes. To truly be beautiful, you need to believe that you are beautiful. Nothing else should matter.

Vintage Obsession said...

I hope to be half has pretty as she is at even 45!:) she's such an icon.
P.S this is my first time here :) interesting blog will visit for more

CIARUHH. said...

GORGEOUS!

http://ciaraspeaceloveandstyle.blogspot.com/
http://goshopciarascloset.blogspot.com

Fashion Tidbits said...

she was great in "nine" the movie!!!

Jamie said...

I use Olive Oil when doing at home pedicures. I take a basin with hot water and put some in there while I soak my feet. It makes your skin so soft!

http://glamlatte.blogspot.com

Madalena Soares said...

I'm more of a Brigitte Bardot gal... But I have to admit thar Sophia is pretty gorgeous. :)

Audrey Allure said...

She is absolutely gorgeous!

Sher said...

She is definitely an icon!! Can't believe she's 75!!

xx

meraldia said...

The woman is gorgeous!

Rachel said...

oh im all about diy beauty tips!
i found a mask that i make that i love
its one part honey to one part avocado
put it on for like 10 minutes and rinse
omg soo moisturizing. best one ive DIY masks I've found so far

also a good exfoliator is sugar and olive oil
scrub and then rinse its great!

Nathalie said...

I'm not a fan of her but she's a beautiful woman.

BonjourRomance said...

The olive oil trick certainly worke for Sophia, I'l give it a whirl. Thanks for coming by and leaving your kind comments. You have a great style blog and I'll be following along and will be back soon.
Bonne weekend

Anna Liesemeyer said...

THank you so much for stopping by my blog:) I love Sophia Loren! ...so I really enjoyed reading this:) Olive oil? shoot! Definately going to have to try that!

ZEUS said...

Great post, eye opening...

Inés said...

great post,she is a beautiful woman,and fantastic actress

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...