Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Glam Light: Salma Hayek

I refuse to be intimidated by aging. I refuse to be afraid of it. I refuse to be ashamed of it. I refuse!" - Salma Hayek

"Society tells you to get old, and everybody settles for what they're told. What makes you old is repeating yourself. I say, 'Your glands get stimulation from new experiences."

"When you are passionate about life, it keeps you young. Sometimes I wake up at 4 A.M. just to see how my roses look."

"I don't let the fear factor age me. “You wash your face, take a good bath, make yourself smell nice--I even wear perfume sometimes when I'm alone--and put on a wonderful nightgown that feels good against your skin, even if you're sleeping alone -- Especially if you're sleeping alone. Then you're ready to give yourself this incredible night where you escape out of your body and you sleep--take a vacation as your body regenerates and you celebrate your femininity."

“Women should never lose being flirtatious--not when you're 50,60,90. Of course, it must be done with taste, but flirting is like a ... great laugh that keeps you young and joyous.”
"If there's something that should make women feel like goddesses, it should be our bodies, and instead it's the one thing that makes us feel unworthy. Insecure. Obsessed. Dirty. Explain this to me."

"Why do women focus on what's wrong with them instead of what's right? We get so obsessed with the idea of happiness that comes only in this one box. Happiness slaps you in the face a thousand times and you never notice it because you are so fixated on the box."

The one and only, Salma! I heart you! xoxo

31 comments:

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

I have printed this post and will keep in my dearest of dearest places, close to my heart, and near my soul. I needed this today, I really needed this today! I love Salma, is she not simply beautiful?

Josie said...

She is so crazy-gorgeous! Amazing. I would NEVER be able to guess her age!
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

VMcreation-fashion-studio-atelier said...

She is DIVINE...I adore Salma as a fascinated person and as an wonderful actress!!!

Thank you SO much for share these,all photos are really great!

Much Love,
***Violetta***

ceo said...

She is goregeous.... Love the aging quote...

Mimi said...

i love her in fools rush in! :D


http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Audrey Allure said...

She looks beautiful!

Evelyn said...

Stunning -- what a great post!

I found your blog from Behind the Red Door's Beautiful Life posts (thanks for the comment love!)

Have a great day -- I love your blog :)

Katie said...

Such a true beauty inside and out.

Leah said...

And I heart you Taj... thanks for featuring Salma. It's as if this post is for me... the celebration of aging. Happiness is really the key. And acceptance too. I love you girl! xoxo

Tanvi said...

Love this post! Absolutely love her :) Special woman!

Rhiannon Nicole said...

That last photo is my absolute fave. So gorgeous!

Tangerine Fairy said...

She is simply stunning! Love her outlook on life and confidence. Love love love Salma's ACCENT!!! :D

MARI said...

Stunning.
I love Salmita and
she is very talented
too. She can be quite
versatile as an
actress.

The face is impeccable.

XOX!

-The Girl at the Atelier's Closet

Sunaina said...

Such inspiring words! She's wonderful <3

janettaylor said...

She is sexy and love her quotes! :)

Imogen said...

She is beautiful and very inspiring. I really enjoyed reading this post.

Cashon&Co said...

she is TRULY STUNNING. and can you imagine all the free LV's she gets from her man? jealous on that end too! hahahaha

OneCraftyFox said...

She is so gorgeous!

amy b.s. said...

wonderful. inspiring. beautiful!

THELOOKING_GLASS said...

In the sea of plastic, and 20 something year olds. I find comfort and strength in this amazing blog post!

Ilse said...

she is so pretty and such a strong woman :) go Salma!

Tuesdai Noelle said...

Hey Doll :)

Salma Hayek is beauty and character is timeless...I'm lovin the first quote of the post, so true. Sometiimes we need to allow ourselves to grow outside of ourselves!

Good post. have a fab day :)

Naiyana said...

WOW! This is Amazing!! I looove it!!!
I will have to print it...maybe I'll repost it on my blog with a link to yours. This has to be shared!! The world needs to know...ok women need to know this, I meet sooo many that are soooo critical over them selves (me included) that when I stop and think of it make me sad! Heck when I think of it myself it make sad!
Thank you for sharing this is great!

BarelyVogue said...

She is girgeous! Love her
xx
sahi
http://barelyvogue.blogspot.com/

les jeune fille à les oiseaux said...

i am so in love with her. and in a culture that is obsessed with staying young, it's so refreshing that she loves growing old.

Elaine said...

She's so pretty!

Enter to win a vintage button-down shirt!
clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Maria at Bachman's Sparrow said...

It's easy to not fear age when you apparently never do! *Jealous* hahaha.

xoxo Maria

Dusk said...

"Why do women focus on what's wrong with them instead of what's right?"

Absolutely true! I agree with everything she says, the more you fear getting older, the more you will age.
You're fighting the natural course of life. That's stressful. Mother Nature is an Amazon warrior who will always have the upper hand!
I am very happy to be my age -40- don't understand women are reticent to disclose ages as we get older.
Hello? We're all getting older!
...and we just get better. Youth fades. Vitality doesn't. Salma proves that.

theDUSKzone

Marija said...

I have to say - each picture is better than the last. She looks amazing!!! Her attitude rocks. Totally inspiring.

Marija

Kristin said...

So very beautiful. I'm still gonna try to prevent wrinkles though! ah ha ha

Orchid said...

i love her already with her positive attitude...enlightening post!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...