Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Favorites

Poppies and Sunshine  awarded me the Happy 101 award! Thanks doll! The rules with this award are to list 10 things that you love.
I'm a glamour girl all the way around so here are my fav things to make me feel glamorous...

1. EAU DE PARFUM

On making an entrance: Cleopatra

Perhaps the most famous ruler of Egypt Cleopatra, was well versed in the power of scent. She was lavish in her use of perfume. After the assassination of Julius Caesar, she left Rome to become the queen of Egypt. There she greeted Mark Antony on a ship with perfumed sails. Cleopatra's arrival was announced by clouds of perfume before her barge came into view.  Now that is what I call an entrance!!

 On sleeping: Marilyn Monroe
"What do I wear in bed? Why Chanel No. 5 of course”.

On a future: Coco Chanel
"A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future."

On revealing yourself:  Christian Dior
"A woman's perfume tells more about her than her handwriting."

On happiness: Anon
"Happiness is like perfume: You can't give it away without getting a little on yourself."

 On glamour: Taj Acosta ;)
A little perfume behind the knees, behind the neck...these are sensual places you least expect, but oh do they ever leave a trace of your allure! I never go to bed or leave home without a spritz of perfume, it's like being naked!

2. CHAMPAGNE

I used to think champage was bitter, until I had a fabulous glass one night that changed my relationship with it forever. It's sophisticated and crisp, with seductive bubbles that make every glass a true luxury. Try a glass of brut the next time your out, and it doesn't have to be Perrier-Jouët!

3. LINGERIE
(warning: if you are a man, i.e. my husband you may want to skip this part! For girls eyes only, we need our secrets!!)


Dearest dolls, I don't care what field your are in, what attire you are required to wear on a daily basis, everyone one of you should have something you can wear underneath those clothes that is mind blowing. I'm not saying every day you should wear something amazingly lacey, but 3 out of 7 is a good place to start! Trust me, you'll feel like a pinup. Now get out those gorgeous pieces you've been saving in the back of your drawer and start using them now!! I digress.

4. LIPSTICK
I love a good lipgloss don't get me wrong. But a gorgeous tube of lipstick like this one, taken out of your purse and applied is beyond glamorous!

5. LOUBOUTIN
Christian Louboutin at ShopStyle
Simply Gorgeous. If you don't own a pair, put them on your list of things to own in life. Barney's last call is a great place to start if you're on a budget.

6. WINGED EYELINER



You've got this down right? I don't need to do a tutorial?

7. JEWELS

Take something off, blah blah blah. More is more, be different and unique. Wear what you like and rock it.

8. TOUCH MY HAIR WHY DON'T CHA


Soft hair will make you feel glamorous in no time.  Apply some shine serum and a fabulous smelling mousse or frizz creme and you're in business.

9. THE QUEEN HERSELF: LBD

Every girl should have one.

10.SWEET CONFIDENCE

Confidence is very glamorous. It's appealing and provacative. When you have confidence in your appearance, style, makeup, body, smile, etc., you can't help but attract people to you. Keep it glam!



I pass the Happy 101 Award to:


Maria at Bachman's Sparrow -a daily read for me and she's absolutely stunning!

Dusk at the Dusk Zone -This doll's intelligent and she's got gorgeous outfit posts

Pop Champagne-Never fails to make me laugh, she's the best

Josie at With A Wink and A Smile - Will make you crave all of her fashion finds, and is sweet as can be

Leah -I would say she is one of the greats in blog land, absolutely inspiring inside and out

Tanvi at The Fabulous Life of Not So Rich and Famous -A tremendous writer, with divine outfit posts

Katie at Fashion's Maven -My girl's got it all, fashion, beauty, reviews! She's amazing!

A Reflection byTuesdai Noelle -A talented designer and creative soul, she's a doll

Roxy at My Cup of Te -Simply gorgeous!!

Liz at Le Passion for Fashion -One of my favorites! She's girly, fahionable and her photos are stunning

Fe at Secret Dream World of a Fashion Muse -What a doll! I absolutely adore Fe and her blog

Rachel at Little Girl Shiny World -Rachel is so amazingly creative and full of inspiration and fabulousness

Kasia at My Secrets -Her outfit posts are some of my favorites and she is sweet as pie

Dawn at The Altermative Wife -Eye candy for days! Her blog is glam and she is a love

Cashon&Co. - Girl's got impecable interior design style, you'll be amazed! Simply the best

62 comments:

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Awh thank you so much!!! You've made my day. I so appreciate it!!!

Love your list. You're absolutely right about all of it, especially the lingerie :)

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

Reading this was such fun - I enjoyed every bit of it - LOL - Love your humour on all things beautiful and sublime. Here's sending you a cup of sunshine sprinkled with champagne;-)

Rachel said...

why thank you mon freir! you are one of the nicest bloggers i know!
i love winged eyeliner but i need to practice my liquid eyeliner application skills. lol they are lacking.
and i agree i love a good perfume, it can make someone infinitely more attractive! 9or unattractive if its bad!)
i do like my new blog layout. i felt like everyone else had all this room to organize things and mine was all crowded. so now a new row! and some new posting fonts etc. i dont think ill change for awhile :)
thank god its already tuesday!

Liz said...

Taj! You are one GLAMOROUS chica. Love your post and list to got with it.

Thanks again darling for your sweet recognition. I will soon post and brag about in my blog.

Viva La Glam, that is YOU!!!

oxox

Fé... said...

Congratz on the awards, darling. You certainly deserve it and a lot more! And thank you for passing it to me. Such an honor :)

Leah said...

Thanks a lot for sharing the award with me... you are fabulous.

Looking at your list, one can easily conclude that the writer and the owner of that list is an ultra glamorous lady. The choice of perfume, shoes and jewels speak for itself. The preference for champagne instead of beer and other cocktail drinks is a mark of real elegance. And sweet confidence, yes, that will seal the deal.

PS... I never tried dabbing perfume behind my knees. Hahaha! I'm just so ancient. xoxo

Kasia_B said...

Great tag!!!! Thank you so much for tagging me! Perfumes are one of my loves as well!
Muahz!

<3
www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

thingsIlove said...

Very lovely post!

CGBlogger said...

Girl we have the same taste!

I'm all that (picture postings)

I love your blog, thanks for following me and now i'm following you!

Keep up the good work and thanks for the post comment!

bollywoodstylediaries said...

totally agree on the list!! saving money for my first louboutins!!

Josie said...

You are such a sweetheart; thank you so much! I'm truly honored. This award was VERY much deserved and I loved reading your list -- we have so many of the same happy things! Helloooo, Christian Louboutin!
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

BonjourRomance said...

What a fabulous glamour list! You have great taste, great advice on the perfume, lingerie and confidence! A tutorial from a professional would be appreciated
Good week,
Mimi

Katie said...

Aw, thank you so much Taj - you made my day! I LOVED reading your list - fabulous as always.

Poppies and Sunshine said...

It was wonderful to see your list of loves! I love it all too...it's all so girly! And winged eyeliner...LOVE!

♥ Shawna

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

I think this is my favorite, favorite list. You are so right on with all these things. CLous, winged eyeliner, fancy undies, great perfume. I just can't say enough about this list. It's so glamorous. I love your theory on look in the mirror and the first thing you see take off. I agree Blah, blah, blah!

Tuesdai Noelle said...

Hey Doll :)

THANK YOU!!!!!! How sweet, Im going to have to list and give out closing the week :) Also, expect an email from me too for doing an blog interview on you (if you want to). Have a fab day :)

Carina Joana said...

so glamourous!
I agree with you in most of those choices!

La Jodi3 & La Couture said...

can't go with out perfume, jewelry, Louboutin. lipstick, and confidence... Nice post an Great post... Definitely following ; D

htbui said...

thanks for stopping by! i love your top 10!! =)

Tanvi said...

Oh what a list! I agree with everything on the list ... Like Sonali I am also saving for my first Louboutin! ... And THANK YOU so much for sharing this award with me. You gave me my first and now this is the second ... Also I am blushing reading such kind words being said about me!!!!

P.S. Your glamourous posts ... make me wanna meet you in person! ... May be, one day? :o)

Maria at Bachman's Sparrow said...

You are such a sweetheart, and I really appreciate the encouragement you have shown me! <3

xoxo Maria

Mary said...

Just found your blog and love it A LOT! Also, I happen to love your fav things - so chic!

xxMK
Delightful Bitefuls

Isabel said...

congrats!!

Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

Ines said...

My Love-

I agree in every point :-)

The woman today don´t value all these things, and that´s so sad!

All those wonderful, magic things makes you a woman. I love being a woman, and I think, you can see that...

Perfume- the right lingerie- the perfect lipstick ( I agree- lipglosses are great- but they look small beside a beautiful lipstick)- sometimes a glass of champage in the rightmoment... and I love tights!!!
I´d wish, to have such a wonderful friend here beside me, to share all these things- but I am lucky- I have a wonderful daughter, and she shares all the love to those wonderful things with me :-)

Enjoy your day, my glamorous friend-

Love and kisses- Ines

what i would have worn... said...

Just delightful! A true glamour girl’s list.
(The book editing is getting seriously tedious so I’m taking a little break. I can’t be a good girl all the time! Plus it’s getting so hard to tell what’s good and what’s not. I’m just too close to it.)

Sunaina said...

Congrats on the award!

Nice quotes and lovely images!

Thanks for your opinion about my dress!
Still thinking about what to do, might not take the sleeves of at all. Will get it tailored soon!

Jess said...

I totally agree with every single one! Especially the jewels! ;)

Great list!

xoxo
jess

g e o r g i a said...

I so enjoyed this post! Feeling Glam is a wonderful feeling! You give some great glam advice! Have a wonderful day :)

Beth said...

LOVE this post. couldn't agree more about the Champagne and CLs. Thanks for the links too- can't wait to check them out.

amy b.s. said...

loved all of this. now i have to get me some perfume!

The Allure House said...

Great choices!
I think I'll have number 5 and 7 :)

Kisses.

http://theallurehouse.co.cc

Dusk said...

Oh thank you thank you honey!!! Very honored!

You are such a Glamazon Goddess Taj! Love your list!

I'm so with you on 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 10!!
...with perfume... I love perfume, was such a connoisseur in my twenties but in my thirties, my body chemistry changed... the only fragrance that 'sticks' to me is vanilla so that is my signature scent now.
Plain vanilla, either oil or EDT... makes me feel delicious!... but I do miss variety, fragrance according to mood and dress.

Front Row Mode said...

Loving the looks


tc


www.frontrowmode.blogspot.com

VMcreation-fashion-studio-atelier said...

What an amazingly glamour post,dear Taj!!!-)*
Fabulous images,woow,woow,woow!!!
Many,many congrats for all beauties from these magnifique blogland world:-)))*

Always with Love,
***Violetta***

Mylène. said...

congratulations with your award and thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

Rhiannon Nicole said...

What a great post with kick ass images and thoughts from you :) I think you're bang on with your advice! Congrats on your award too!! xo

OneCraftyFox said...

Totally fabulous and glamorous post!! By far one of my fav's. You rocked it, Taj ;)

junghwa by amy stewart said...

Congrats on the award! I've been flicking the end of my eyeliner like that since as far back as I can remember. I love it!

kumar said...

amazing looks very beautiful lovely perfume
your blog rocks

fashionstoned said...

Lovee the post!!! and congrats on your award!

Kara said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog girl! :) I really appreciate your opinion!

Love this post! Honestly, it is insane how much sexier a girl can feel with the right perfume, lingerie, red lipstick and eyeliner! Oh, the simple things in life! :)

Pop Champagne said...

I agree, everyone should have a little black dress, and a little white dress even for the summer! and lol at "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." omg i guess some days i got no future! hahaha!

Maria said...

beautiful photos! I want those Louboutin shoes! :)


-Maria*

Alix said...

wonderfuuuul :D

Diana Mieczan said...

Congrats to you sweetie...I am soooo happy for you!!! Well done:)
Kisses and enjoy your day my lovely:)

Duchess of Tea said...

Congratulations darling on this much deserved award. This post alone is proof positive that you deserve every award out there. Your blog is fabulous.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Christie Ressel said...

Congrats! Great post and fab blog!

In Fashion and Style

La Société de Mode | The Fashion Society said...

We love your fabulous French glamour and choices for this list! The LBD is truly the queen of it all and it's true that lipstick and champange can't help but make a girl feel glamourous. Seems like the award is well deserved, congrats!

bis
Rebecca&Maddy

Jesson Balaoing said...

fabulous French glamor like it....

Audrey Allure said...

Great list, I have never thought about also spritzing behind the knees, sounds like a fabulous idea!

Tere said...

muchas gracias por tu comentario!!
tu blog es precioso tambien!
la lista k has hecho de productos esta genial!!
un besoo!

Cafe Fashionista said...

The quotes you featured regarding perfume are just phenomenal! J'adore this list!! :)

Savvy Gal said...

what a sweet post. champagne with strawberries are my fav combo.

Syhem said...

I am 100 percent behind you with the Louboutin, the lipstick and the sweet confidence!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

this is fabulous, makes me proud to be a LADY!

Roxy Te Owens said...

Hi Doll! 1) Champagne and perfume...what else does a girl need? 2) I'm so honored to be mentioned!!! Thanks so much! It means much more when you're called out for being fabulous by someone fabulous as well! Cheers love! I'll be back for more! ;)

Rachel {Inspiration in Italy} said...

Hello Love! Congrats on your award, you SO deserve it! I absolutely love your list here....you are a glamourous QUEEN. Champagne, lingerie, lipstic, Louboutin...could you be any more fantastic?!?? I so agree with your statement about confidence also. Confidence is so sexy, contagious, and exudes an incredible amount of sensuality that is one of a kind! Love this post and love YOU!

xoxoxo
Rachel

Vanessa said...

thank you fpr your comment, i was really happy when i read it :)

und by the way, i love your blog !

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

This was an amazing post. I think it seduced me. =) Love it! I agree with you on every single point. Honey, you and I were meant to be friends.

The Goddess of Boho said...

Love this post :)
Congratulations Lady!


purple-peeptoes.blogspot.com

Sovina said...

Hey! congrats for the award..the award passed to me through Tanvi :)..love this post..got to know so much about you..))

http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/

Style, She Wrote said...

Love your champagne, lingerie, and Louboutin pics! I want!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...