Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Black and Gold: Glam Nails

Hi dolls, I wanted to try some new looks with black and gold nail polish and I love this look! I think this would be great for Halloween too ;) The first time I did this I made the gold part much smaller, but I was feeling more golden today, so try it both ways and see which way you like it best. I hope you like it! xoxo Keep it glam!


                                I used a Forever 21 nail polish in Gold and L.A. Colors nail lacquer in Black Velvet
                                           

                                                                        First Paint your nails gold and let dry




                                                Apply French manicure labels or reinforcement labels as I did here
                                                remove some of the super stickiness of the label by sticking them
                                                on and off your skin a few times so they don't ruin your gold polish


                                                 Paint the black polish over the tips and labels and let dry
                                                 Don't rush on this part, make sure it's very dry.
                                                 The first time I did this I moved the labels down much
                                                 lower and it looks like moons, try it that way also if you like.
     
                                                                    Cover with a shiny top coat and yes I know my
                                                                    cuticles are not perfect! I hate pushing them back!


                                                                                         All done!

41 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

Really love that combo and what a great "how to" I am going to try it out over the weekend
Hugs

Ps: I am hosting a $50 gift certificate GIVEAWAY today, so please join in :) ...I bet you will love it!!!

Makeup Majesty said...

so sexy!

Freja Wewer Hjernøe said...

Hello you. Really nice blog !
I just wanted to invite you to take a look at my blog!
//www.fashionfromheadtotoe.blogspot.com
^^ take a look and follow me if you like ☠

Rita said...

I love half-moon nails! I use to do it with purple for the base & silver for the top colour! love the black & gold combo :) your nails turned out gorgeous!

fashionatemybrains.blogspot.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Love it!! Very smart using the circle protector thingys haha
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

MarchMusings said...

Gorgeous nails. I didn't know you had to use sticky labels to get that effect.

Vintage and Cake said...

That is such a great trick, I will have to try it and link post to you. I love it, cheap and so affective (the stickers not the nail polish). Thank you for your comment BTW xx

Becky said...

Love the colour combination!

la petite coquine said...

Such a clever way to create those half-moons; I never would have thought to use reinforcement stickers! Terrific look!

Kasia_B said...

Very cute!

<3
www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

georgia~gigi said...

Hey Miss Taj! Love the nails! Great colors and you did a fab job! Very impressive!
Smoochies
gi gi

stephanie Toole said...

Very nice.. Halloween glam.. love it!

jemina said...

WOW, Your nails are so beautiful, thanks for the step by step instruction :))

XOXO
J

Katie said...

They look amazing! I love this look!

Kristin said...

That is such a cool effect. I love it!

KristiMcMurry said...

amazing. seriously amazing. I have to try this!!!

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Wow I love these, and they actually look really simple, I may test this one out!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

Marie said...

I like this, I love gold and black together!:D


***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Wow, they really look gorgeous! I love gold and black together! xoxoxoxoo

Josie said...

What a gorgeous pattern! I love the colors together.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Caroleena85 said...

Oh I really like the gold an black combo! And what a neat trick using reinforcement labels! Such a good idea, I would've never thought of that! LOL
Thanks for sharing :)

~Caro~
caroleena85.blogspot.com

daisychain said...

Wow, I love this!

Couture Millinery Atelier. said...

I love gold nail polish! I do not know if I would g for black and gold combo, but it does look great on you!:-)

Tanvi said...

I have really tine nails :P ... But I can probably try it with a French Tip only!

Krystal said...

that is such a cool pairing..i like it a lot!

wobblinbetty said...

oh wow! black and gold is SO glam and fabulous!!!

CaliforniaCandy said...

What a fabulous idea! I love it!

http://californiacandy.wordpress.com/

thingsIlove said...

WOW, so beautiful!

Samantha said...

What a fun and funky idea!!

-Samantha
http://sincerelysamantha.com

DiamondsandTulle said...

SUPER HOT for HALLOWEEN! Thanks for the tip with the reinforcement stickers!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Ninjagaiden78 said...

Interesting nails.
I like how you keep it fresh.

windowshopz.com

5amjetaime said...

absolutely adore the golden!!! found your lovely style blog via tanvii!!! hi from california. welcome to check out our dresses giveaway for this week!

http://5amjetaime.com/blog

Cheryl: Oh to Be a Muse said...

i love it this way, with the equal amount of black and gold polish. lovely nails!

http://ohtobeamuse.com

Jamie said...

What a cool idea!! I love the colors both separately and together! SO festive!

http://www.glamlatte.com

Pop Champagne said...

ohh that is a good idea, how come I never thought of putting those ring stickers over it like that!! awesome :D

Tse Memoirs said...

hey, thanks for stopping by my blog ^.^

~ i love the gold!! though i think you should make the black part a bit smaller as it looks a bit out of proportion with the actual nail stuck on your finger and the tips **just a suggestion** =)

www.tsememoirs.blogspot.com

Grace said...

Great work!

Love Grace.

Orchid said...

ah wow what an idea!!!its soo much simpler i guess...i used to just paint freehand on my nails and some would go astray...but this is cool. thnx!!!

Keith said...

I love all those colors. Hope you had a great weekend.

kate funk said...

So cute!!!
velvet cupcakes

Emily said...

Great tutorial!
I'll have to try it :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...