Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Newport Beach



Over the weekend I finished reading the book My Life In France, by Julia Child.  I was so enamored by her spirit and her joy for French cooking that I was craving some French food! So I decided that the hubs and I should take a little trip out to Newport Beach where I had heard about this French restaurant  Brasserie Pascal from Savvy Mode .  In the book, Julia always described the succulent cream sauces she had over fish in France and I was on a mission to do the same! It was a glorious day here in Los Angeles on Saturday, and Newport was just heavenly! About an hour drive south from where we live, Newport is a gorgeous little coastal town to explore. After we ate, we drove over the bridge to Balboa Island, and strolled along the water around sunset watching all the yachts float by. It was pure bliss.  Sometimes a little exploring and trying new food is just the right measurement of glam a girl needs!
 xoxo Keep it glam!


                                          Del Mar beach just up the road from Newport beach. 
                               Wearing my Betsy Johnson heart sunglasses and dreaming of La Belle France!


                                                                 Look at those palm trees!
                              I know the pics are really dark! But we just had the little Cannon and it
                               was night time. 
                          We came accross a tiny little church that was having mass and I just had to take a pic!


                                     The cute little French bar at Brasserie, everything was red, even the ceiling!
             
                                   The director had Rack of Lamb w/crispy shallots and Garlic Jus
    

                                   I had the Pan roasted salmon with Bearnaise sauce,
                                   asparagus and tomato Provencal-Delish!
                                   We also had a baked brie with pears that was out of this world.
                                  The pics don't do the food justice trust me.


                               Balboa Island is know for their chocolate dipped ice cream bars and bananas.
                               The hubs got one dipped in almonds and oreos, yumm!

An old postcard of Newport Harbor from 1919

30 comments:

A La Mode et Plus! said...

What lovely photos! I have been meaning to get her book, and you have convinced me to do it soon!

tanvii.com said...

These pictures makes me want to go explore some place now :) I still have to go read that book but some how I feel I will end up eating a lot if I did that! Love your Sunglasses btw!

stephanie Toole said...

My grandparents live near newport and my hubby and I got married out there.. so it holds a special place in my heart.. looks like you had an amazing day...
Ps chocolate dipped ice cream.. jealous!

Katie said...

Everything looks amazing!

Mimi said...

oh my gosh, that looks like the perfect way to spend the weekend! i love trying out new cuisines too! and who would think we can find something like that place near LA? wow! must definitely venture out to newport beach. :D

p.s. all that food = yummmm!

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Couture Millinery Atelier. said...

Julia has so much inpsiration not only in her books, but also in her very own screen presence. it looks like she inspired you to have an amazing time!:-)))Beautiful food, beautiful place and beautiful you!

jemina said...

Amazing pictures, WOW!!! that ice cream looks so YUM YUM YUM :)

Kisses
J
xoxo

Dusk said...

More than the gorgeous scenery and other attractions, I'm excited at seeing glimpses of you!

...what a lovely day hon!

MerciBlahBlah said...

GAH!!! The Hubs and I spent our 5th anniversary in newport, corona del mar, and laguna just a few short weeks ago. These pics make me LONG for it again.

Feeling homesick now. Sads.

Merci!
Shannan

amy b.s. said...

beautiful! and oh, that food!

janettaylor said...

Great photos!


Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Oh I just love this post sweetie! The photos are fabulous. And I have to read that book! xoxo

Krystal said...

aaand i'm craving french food.

Fé... said...

Yummmmyyyyyyyy....

bollywoodstylediaries said...

Lovely pics - Such a beautiful day and yummy looking food!! I havent read the book but its on my list:P

Serena P. said...

I'm in love!
S.

this free bird said...

You were in the Chef's parents' hood!! (and not far from me either...) They love that little French place!! YAHOOO!!

xo,
carrie
ps-death to blogger glitches!

The Owl's Closet said...

I'm intrigued with this book:) Gorgeous pics, Taj! I love Newport! Haven't been there in awhile. Balboa Island is such a lovely area, too:) Looks like you had a blast!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

la petite coquine said...

I'm drooling over that amazing ice cream bar, and so delighted that you reminded me of Julia Child's autobiography-can't wait to read it!

Jamie said...

That Brasserie looks just like one I ate in while in Paris! The food in France is absolutely amazing and when I saw Julie and Julia I reminisced about my time there. It's the best place on earth I swear! I hope to go back soon!

http://www.glamlatte.com

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Oh my gosh, I just got home from eating out and your post made me want to eat again! YUM! What a fabulous little weekend jaunt. Julia Child really IS inspiring. I loved the movie Julia and Julia (I think that was the name, wasn't it?) Anyway, thanks for your sweet comment today on the blog and, of course, Violet couldn't wait to sit at the keyboard and type you off a little note of her own that awaits you. Kisses - Sandy

LyddieGal said...

Love your photos of the setting sun, the colors are so beautiful!
And your dinner looks simply divine! OWM!

Chic on the Cheap

Bardot in Blue said...

MY HOMETOWN! Beautifullll pictures Taj! You really captured it's loveliness...just stopping by to take in all your gorgeous glam and say hi!

kisses!

Haleigh @ BB

Bruna said...

Oh Gosh...
How I need this!

kirstyb said...

fantastic post love all the pics xxxxx

Audrey Allure said...

Such amazing photos, especially the one of the flowers!

sandhyaa said...

lovely pictures !!!
i even liked dark pictures... philosophical sunset pictures :)
and food looks yum...seems like you having nice weekends..i am dying to go on a relax-do-nothing vacation !

CaliforniaCandy said...

Sounds like the perfect peaceful day...

Enter My First Jewelry Giveaway: A Snake Ring!
http://californiacandy.wordpress.com/

~Caro~ said...

Looks like you had a great time! The pics are awesome and I'm sure the food was delish! ;)

~Caro~
caroleena85.blogspot.com

Croatian_Latina said...

I think your photos are stunning!! You captured some very nice angles. I like the one where the sun is reflecting on the geraniums.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...