Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lean Into It

Do you ever sit and daydream? Maybe you're sitting at work right now thinking about how you take the same route to work, wear the same rotation of items pretty much every other week, eat the same lunch, wear the same haircut...take the same route home from work and you're just kinda bored?  In your daydream do you imagine yourself doing what you've always loved? Opening a non-profit, working in an art gallery, teaching, selling those crafts you make, starting an on-line company, going back to school. Whatever it may be, do you notice that most people have really big dreams and passions inside of them and that's all they ever really become? Just dreams. One of my favorite things about being a woman is loving and inspiring other women to bloom out all that is inside of them. But that takes big faith and risks. The secret is...to just listen to the still, soft voice within yourself and block out every other opinion. 
Don't just wish to be a famous makeup artist, or a interior decorator, a VJ, a wedding planner, a chef, you get my point! It's time to LEAN INTO IT! Whatever challenge you think it takes to become that dream, step out on it and start tackling it. 
For me, living in Los Angeles I see a lot of ambition.  Everyone is trying to make it at their craft.  Acting, modeling, writing, artists, the list is endless. There is definitly a huge melting pot of talent here.  But it's also a very tough, sometimes cut-throat world. People will steal your ideas right out from under you! And whatever dream you may have, if you just nurse it and babysit it, believe me, someone else will come along and make that same dream happen right before your eyes! Life is funny that way.  It's not really about the dreams themselves per say.  It's about the individual (you!!) and the passion and determination to make the world better through your inner gifts.  If you are determined and in line with your inner voice, the sky is just the beginning for your desires. 
My passion is within a world of glamour, beauty and fashion.  Everyday I wake up with a deep desire and passion to make other women feel amazing about themselves and to know how precious they are!  Though these three things may seem frivelous to some, I know that within a heart of a woman, a million possibilities are awaiting her if she just has the courage to believe in herself.  And that is a glamorous thing.  xoxo

Know Your Dream
(Me on a shoot taking pics of the model I styled and did makeup for)

Gather Mentors
(Kevin Aucoin is one of my many mentors)

Be Open and Allow the possibilities into your life


Be Inspired
(Marilyn has been one of my great inspirations since I was a young child)

Get Obsessed
(I was obsessed with the supermodels growing up, they were glamour supreme!)


Quality Friendship
(Surround yourself with like-minded people, those who are exquisite and excellent in heart)
 
Plant Your Roots In Solid Ground
(Don't be afraid to stand alone and be firm in what you believe)

Be Unique

Give out love and positive energy to the Universe
(I'm a huge believer in spending your energy wisely, always be kind and lovely to the world as it will come back to you in some form)

Be Fierce and Unwavering, be Strong and Brilliant

Always Keep It Glam!

Love what you do, Enjoy it and Be Free

Shine
(It's important to do the hard work, the research, blood, sweat and tears, but when it's time to shine, be ready to shine baby!)

(Sky Is The Limit...Let's Begin)

44 comments:

Katie said...

Love getting to see a pic of you! :)

Belle Inspiration Magazine said...

THis is one of the most fabulous posts I have ever read! You are so right - just LEAN INTO IT - great advice! Love seeing a shot of you in action, I'm sure you do go to work each day and make others feel and look amazing!
the Sky is the Limit...I'm with you!
à bientôt,
Mimi

Josie said...

Thanks for the inspiration, my dear -- I'll be daydreaming today for sure!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Sharon @ Fun and Life said...

Taj, this is a great read and real inspirational. Sometimes us girls forget the potential within us. I feel exactly the same way about what you said. It's why I love Nike and I only ever use their sportswear lol - "Just Do It". Don't just think, or daydream, or wonder, or worry. Don't just say I'm going to, I will one day, maybe in a few years. Just Do It.

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

What a beautiful post, sweetie! So very inspiring. And I love the picture of you, gorgeous girl! xoxo

Kasia said...

I absolutely love this post!

<3
www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

putugian said...

thanks for visiting...
i'm following you now :)

this's a great post..
i'll love what i do..enjoy it and be free..n i love make a lot of friendship with quality :)
this's inspiring..

mind foll-me back?

putugianaryanti.blogspot.com

Kavery said...

I do wish we all could follow our dreams:) Some of my dreams wouldn't cover the mortgage! Happy weekend Taj.

Fashion Meets Food said...

Love your style!


xo

CessOviedo said...

How sexy was Marilyn? Loved the sequined dress she's wearing, I've never seen that picture of her, definitely saving it to my files, she's such an icon! Great pictures!

http://blog.cessoviedo.com

Orchid said...

wow that is one inspiring motivational piece i have ever read...i am actually at crossroads right now...confused which route to take and so many things are happening at the same time and i am unable to focus on one thing...and what a coincidence to come across your post which so relates to what i am going through right now...its given me a perspective to what i want to be and work towards it. thanks a lot. love yoo!!!

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

Ah, you inspire and motivate, my lovely!
I dream daily - it keeps me alive and bouncing.
Hope you are happy and in good form. Have a dreamy weekend xx

Poppies and Sunshine said...

I LOVE this post! So inspiring! Thank you for sharing these wonderful words. Your passion for inspiring women is wonderful too. Thank you so much for posting this. Really, truly inspiring!!

Fabiénne said...

love the post and your blog!!!

thatgirlkip.blogspot.com
xxxo

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post, darling!
I am a dreamer too!

xoxox,
CC

pintsizedinFluence said...

This post is #Everything! Thank you!

tanvii.com said...

Like that shot of you in action. I enjoy reading you 'inspirational' posts! :)

Isabel said...

that photo of marilyn is amazing!

la petite coquine said...

What AMAZING advice! Hope you have a divine weekend full of following your dreams!

xo, Lena

VMcreation-fashion-studio-atelier said...

Wonderful girl,Taj:-)*

You post is so beyond great with all you passion for everyday things and for you work!!!
I am realy happy to see you at work,just so fabulous!
Thank you so very much for you visit and you lovely words,darling:-)))*

Cheers,Love and virtual hugs to you,
***Violetta***

KayKay said...

such an inspiring post. it looks like it took a lot of time to do this. this post is very true. we all have dreams but we just must work hard to attain them. thanks for stopping by my blog

Tracy D said...

You have no idea how relevant this post is to my life right now, thank you so much for the inspirational words! I plan to re-read it when I need to be reminded to 'shine' :)

thingsIlove said...

What an amazing and inspiring post! Thank you for sharing, my dear.

Kristin said...

I think making a living making women fill good about themselves is a beautiful thing!

Imogen said...

Daydreaming- yes! I totally agree with what you are saying.

Curves ahead makeup said...

this was amazing what a great read when I'm in the same spot you just described , thank you for this it was amazing

Mimi said...

this is such an inspiring post! thanks for the inspiration! have a great weekend! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

johanna said...

LOVE the last photo

Haute World said...

A very inspiring post! That pic of the shoes is stunning. Unfortunately in most industries these days, it's more about the people you know than the actual talent. I see so many people try to get in a field, but fail, not becaue of a lack of motivation, talent or drive, but because they aren't fortunate to know or be related to the right people.

Judy said...

Beautiful post! Your words of encouragement are so sweet - spreading love is the only way to create love!

xx.
Judy

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

What a fabulously inspiring post! Absolutely love your list. When I was in school, my teacher told my parents I was a daydreamer, looking out the window in another world. It's true ... and that daydreaming has come in very handy with my choice of art and illustration as a career. I don't think I'd be able to come up with all of the ideas without it (in todays post, Ooh La Frou Frou girl Cherie is daydreaming too!). Thanks for such a lovely post ... and by the way, you look FAB darling! xoxo

Natasha said...

Beautifully written and such inspirational words!! I'm a big believer that anything is possible, if there is a will there's a way. Thank you for this lovely post!
Natasha xo

howtoruninheels said...

thank you so much for stopping by my blog !!

crystaltoday.blogspot.com

modanista junkie said...

Wow beautifully written. One of the best messages I've read!

p.s thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope you visit again. :)

xoxo,
melrod

amy b.s. said...

fantastically said. very inspirational.

My Republic of Fashion said...

Fantastic advice!! I definitely need this. Beautiful pictures. :)x SarahD

thesydneygirl said...

A very inspiring post! thanks for your wise words!

x
the sydney girl

Pratishtha Durga said...

What a wonderful post, dear. And it could not have come at a better time. This past year has been extremely difficult for me. But now, I am trying to turn my dreams into reality. And I can feel it happening. Nothing is easy. But what's more important is that while things might be difficult, they are indeed possible. I have an entire blog on following dreams. It's called www.lifein2suitcases.com
Check it out if you get some time.
Take care and keep dreaming...

classiq said...

Beautiful post! You are a noble person, being driven by your passion in order to inspire other women and express their real selves.
Ada

this free bird said...

I love everything you said and that you included a picture of yourself. These are words I really needed to hear today. Thank you so much.

xo,
Carrie

Prutha said...

cool post..i really like it... btw, im obsessed with those cl shoes

http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

follow if u like what u see?

xoxo

Jonna said...

Love this post! So inspiring! x

OceanDreams said...

what an inspirational and upbeat post - you are right, the sky is the limit!

Pinupmania said...

Great selection. Congratulations for your blog
Olivier

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...