Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happiness

To live happily is an inward power of the soul. -Aristotle

(Things that make me happy right now...)

(Precious drop earrings from F21)

October is my birthday month. I claim the whole month as a celebration of myself.
I highly recommend it for your next birthday! Lots of special little treats sprinkled here and there.
Pampering myself and lapping up the luxuries of everyday happiness. It's my mantra right now. Happiness.
I don't know why, but we gals get depressed around our b-days...anybody agree? I remember even crying
one year, cuz it's my party and I'll cry if I want to! Our trip to the pyramids got postponed due to
scheduling conflicts. Did I cry? Nope, I'm just so happy that the Director and I even have
busy schedules doing the work that we love! My glamorous caftans and jeweled sandals will
have to wait to make their appearances until next month.
Back to happiness. I was saying, we get sad around our b-days and
I'm just not getting on that boat anymore.
What's to be sad about? I'm one year older? mmkay...and?
Only I have the keys to my feelings and I choose to
be happy about life, who I am becoming each day,
and the path my faith leads me to. (and p.s. also how
fab I look ;)
So you see, every post this month I will prelude
 with a happiness quote. I hope, to remind us all
to choose happiness. xoxo -Taj
 (A new pair of quilted leather gloves)

 (I'm a sucker for perfumes with the name Glamour!)

(My dreamcatcher that lets me sleep peacefully)

 (A sparkly scarf)



(We went to the Aquarium this past weekend and I loved this pink little sea tree! See the Sea horse?)
(A Stingray swimming towards the light....Happiness)

Follow me on Twitter here!

38 comments:

fifi said...

love this taj!! and happy bday month!!! i agree in choosing happiness... i always remind myself of this quote " happiness is a choice" aristotle... xoxo

Mademoiselle Poirot said...

Beautiful! That certainly a post that celebrates beauty and life - it makes me smile, thanks xo

amy b.s. said...

happy birthday month! love the scarf!

ARES said...

Its my birthday month too. I tend to spoil myself during this month :)
Happy birthday month to you !

Silvertigo said...

Happy birthday month :) I love all the sea creatures, so your photos are so amazing to me :)

lorenabr said...

You are so right! Happiness is the key! Life is toooooooooooooooooo damn short for depression and crying! We should chill, relax and enjoy more! I hope you have a fab month and beyond!

Tanvi said...

I too celebrate my whole Birthday month :)

Happy October to you!!!

♡ from © tanvii.com

Erin said...

I claim my whole Birthday month as well! It's July so Shark week likes to try to claim it-but I usually win! Happy Birthday! Love the quilted gloves!

xx

Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

Sovina said...

happy birthday month! I am totally with you for birthdays..I am very chirpy and excited all through June..and try appreciate all the good things in my life..
Love the scarf and heels..:)

http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/

Curves Ahead Make up said...

Happy birthday month omg we have to set the date for a thrift shop date or dinner or better yet are you going to bueatylious event ??

Josie said...

Happy birthday month! How exciting. I love your pretty new gloves!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Keeping up with E.S.E.M said...

awesome post!

x

shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com

Love Sushi and Fashion said...

Happy Birthday Month! Soon It´ll be mine too! I so love acuariums and the rest of the post is fab! I´m following you! <3<3

Not Just A Pretty Dress said...

This is what I call a positive attitude and I really like the idea of a month of celebration! Maybe I should do the same next May...

http://notjustaprettydress.blogspot.com

Sabrina said...

really nice pics!!! :)

janettaylor said...

Cute earrings!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Fashionthroughtravel said...

Of course that you Gorgeous Glam girl loved the sequins at Givenchy!
October is also my birthday month so I felt this post was directed to me :)) A great initiative for happiness!

fashionthroughtravel.blogspot.com

ballet news said...

adoring that first pair of earrings !

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post, darling!
Love the gloves!

xoxox,
CC

Diana said...

Hi Taj, I love your new leather gloves and I never get why people get sad on their birthdays, It's time to celebrate and be happy after all, we're all very lucky :)

Fabrizia said...

Many cool stuff! Love sequins, love the first pair of earrings! Many cool things! Take a look at my blog, and if you like it, follow me, I'll be waiting for you!

Cosa mi metto???

samecookiesdifferent said...

in love with that dreamcatcher - amazing <3

xx the cookies
share the feeling
visit <3
samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

ChiChi81 said...

I have dreaded celebrating my birthday this year (I turned the big 3-O this year), but when the day finally came, I realized how silly I was for having those sorts of feelings. I should be grateful I have reached this age, and so far, life is great.

Anyway, advanced happy birthday!

Cheers,

Wi
A Single Girl's Musings

Audrey Allure said...

I love sea horses :) And love those drop earrings!

Rapuncela said...

cool photos :)

Silver Strands said...

What a beautiful quote form Aristotle! And lovely pictures too :)

janel said...

Happy birthday month! I agree about the crying part, no need.

http://www.afoolforfashion.com/

Punctuation Mark said...

beautiful post... hope the whole month is fantastic for you!

la petite coquine said...

I LOVE this attitude, and those gorgeous quilted gloves-swoon!

Bad Joan said...

Love that quote! Great post!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

LDM said...

super cute earrings with the tiny shoes!

xx from hong kong :)
www.ldmldmldm.com

Alela Sirah said...

Pretty!!!
http://fashionablyspeakn.blogspot.com/2011/10/colored-skinny-jeans.html

Poppies and Sunshine said...

I LOVE your attitude towards your birthday! And I really like the idea of taking the whole month to celebrate :) I hope you are enjoying every minute of it! xoxo

Libra said...

October's also my B-day month! :))

Metisse said...

Hecks yes for it bieng your birthday MONTH! happy birthday everyday for 31 days!!! :)

Vanisha @ Vanisha's Life In...Australia said...

I've always wanted a dream catcher! Looking forward to seeing what you do with your Birth month ;)

Confessions of a Psycho Cat said...

This earrings are amazing :) And I'm in love with dreamcathers too :)
Follow :*
http://confessionsofthepsychocat.blogspot.com/

sofiq@ quotes about happiness said...

This article is also interesting and informative,thanks for your sharing. I will add this blog with my twitter friends.
quotes about happiness

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...