Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Streets of Dragons

Jessica Miller for Blugirl Spring 2012 Campaign by Michelangelo di Battista

I'm ready for color! We've been having 80 degree weather and it makes me want to pull out all my spring and summer clothes already!  Over the weekend we went to Chinatown for the Chinese New Year Parade. It was the most packed I have ever seen it. I guess the year of the dragon really enticed people. After the parade we stopped at a few of my favorite bakeries and picked up almond cookies, coconut drops and creme puffs. We had dinner at a place the L.A. Times called the new "hot spot" of Chinatown and it should have been called the most unorganized spot.  I don't think the poor place was ready for the lineups outside their door.  They had no system of keeping track of who was next in line.(Or the lady couldn't read)  Our broccoli beef and egg drop soup was delicious though and we'll be back to see how the place holds up without the parade crowds.  After dinner we stopped right next door at a boba shop and got a yummy mango boba that was the perfect desert. As we left and walked down the streets filled with confetti and colored paper, two dragons serenaded all the shops with a dance and music to bring good fortune to the businesses.  It was a perfect day to start the New Year. Gung Hay Fat Choy!  xoxo -Taj





25 comments:

amy b.s. said...

sounds like a great way to celebrate the year of the dragon! and these pictures are amazing.

Mademoiselle Poirot said...

I will have to make it to next year's celebrations, can't believe I've never managed to do this... Love the pics, I can't wait for Spring and it's started snowing here now... :-( xo

Tanvi said...

What a great way to celebrate!!! The editorial is amazing too!

♡ from © tanvii.com

Johanna said...

Sounds exciting :) And thanks for sharing this editorial, it's totally amazing! xoxo ♥

Katie said...

I'm ready for some bright colors! :)

thewildcherry said...

Oh God, the fabric is soo luxorious!

xx,
Anna
http://thewildcherry.blogspot.com/

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Gorgeousness! I love all of the color and the prints! Sounds like a fun filled weekend :)

Hope you're having an equally fun week! xoxo

Lena at A Crimson Kiss said...

How stunning-those colors are amazing!

Jessica Lois Tiara said...

it's sexy!
love the green one! want it so badly:(


http://scarlette-on.blogspot.com/

Satin And Salt said...

I am lost in the gorgeousness of these dresses!

-Nico

www.SatinAndSalt.com

TheGirlAtFirstAvenue said...

Sounds like it was fun! Love these gorgeous photos!

♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

Pratishtha Durga said...

Love the colors and the prints and Jessica looks gorgeous. But what's with the hands over the head pose in almost all pictures!!!

Vanisha @ Vanisha's Life In...Australia said...

Loving the colors. I adore Chinese New Year as well, I hope the year of the Dragon is a good one for you Taj :)

Josie said...

I love these bold, pretty colors! Happy Chinese New Year, gorgeous!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Mikimoto Angel said...

OMG! All her dresses are to die for. There's nothing that I don't like at all. She's super pretty, I have to say! :-)

I hope you visit my blog soon. :-)

Much love from Mystic Nymph.

Jess said...

wow stunning and inspirational photos! thanks for your sweet comment :)

hapatime.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Ah you know I love these images! :)
~Karen
http://fashionboardconfessional.blogspot.com

Fay said...

My DEAR Taj thankyou sooooo much for your very kind words Im not leaving the planet ! so I hope that you may write from time to time LOVE the BLUE today ill need a fix im sure ! so back to the note book
Lots of love fay xxxx

Miss Starshiny said...

The model is so beautiful!
Some dresses are awesome!
Have a lovely new month!
xxx
Miss Starshiny

trishie said...

Stunning dresses!

Laura Clayderman said...

gorgeous gorgeous pics!!
lovely lady with a lovely eyes :)

xx,
http://lalainlaland.blogspot.com/

Emmanuella said...

wooow!! she was absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing dresses!
Love that green keyhole gown!

xoxox,
CC

Katie said...

Ooh I love all those dresses!! Www.absolutleybeautiful.blogspot.com xx

melissa said...

great editorial

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...