Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Where Butterflies Live



I did a lot of thinking this morning, trying to decide what to do about the photos of my
first collection of art.  I'm just not happy with it.  I'm a perfectionist and I have a hard
time sharing with you something that is so dear to my heart if I am not completely satisfied with the
quality of the photos.  I've decided to reshoot everything.  One thing I have promised myself this year
is to really focus on the things I love and to take more chances on my hopes and dreams.  Being creative, for me is the air I breathe.  Weather it's doing a innovative makeup look for a photoshoot or styling the costumes of an Indie film, I love working with a blank canvas and transforming it into something magical.  My art collection is another layer of this obession that I have with glamour.  Working with gorgeous makeup colors and textures, mixing fabrics and patterns, working with a never ending palette of paints, is all dreamlike to me.  Like a pen to a blank piece of paper...the possibilities of your imagination are endless. But how few people are brave enough to put that pen down onto the paper and begin to write without fear, transforming reality, diving into to abyss of dreams.  What is one of your dreams this year? Have you written it down? Have you made it into a reality almost by just believing in it's power because it makes your heart beat faster when you think about it?  What's wrong with today, isn't it a beautiful day to dream! Let's dream together and then step out into the abyss...
xoxo -Taj





20 comments:

Satin And Salt said...

i hope to see your art soon!

-Nico

www.SatinAndSalt.com

Mimi said...

i am definitely gonna write down my dreams for this year, and i will try my hardest to make them a reality! :D

thanks for sharing these wonderful photos with us!

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Kavery said...

WOuld love to see some of what you've written so movingly about, Taj

Tanvi said...

I can feel how passionate you are about your art. Would love to see it when ever you show it :)

Lovely images as always!

♡ from © tanvii.com

Josie said...

I LOVE that last photo. And good luck with the photography!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

fifi said...

thanks once again taj for inspiration... i have dreams but have not taken the time to write them down to will do now! looking forward to your work!! xo

Adele said...

Adorable shots, especially the horses xoxo
http://www.intotheblonde.com/

Benedetta (Daddy's neatness) said...

That amazing pics!!! So inspiring!!!
Have a nice day,

Cocò

www.daddysneatness.blogspot.com

Johanna said...

Taj, honey, I think we will all love your work, but it's the most important thing they feel right for you :) can't wait to see your talent! xoxo

karin said...

Beautiful postI have to write down everything I want for this yera.Your list sounds great..Kisses from www.stylepicture.blogspot.com

Rxqnaesthetics said...

I love this post so inspirational and all the images are gorgeous. Sometimes we are too hard on ourselves but others give us reassurance.

amy b.s. said...

good luck with the reshoot. i think it's okay to want everything to be perfect. and i'm sure the end product will be.

Andrea said...

the first pic is stunning!

GLAMOURMOES said...

Oh wow! Beautiful pictures! The one with the horses! <3

Closet Fashionista said...

These shots are so awesome! :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Shabby, Chic, & Cheap said...

Following your dreams is important, can't wait to see some of your art Taj I'm sure it will be marvelous!

this free bird said...

You have to do what's right for you...and for me that might be the unicorn head thing.

This is my confession.

xo,
C

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Stopped by to say thanks for stopping by this week, Taj, and your sweet comment ... have a lovely weekend full of relaxation! ;) xoxo

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou
http://oohlafroufrou.blogspot.com

Carla Cee said...

i love everything here, thanks for sharing <3

carlacee.blogspot.com

Karen said...

These are lovely Taj!
~Karen
http://fashionboardconfessional.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...