Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Makeup Review: Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse Makeup

I'm crushing on this product big time and had to share my review with you glamour dolls. 
The Photoready Airbrush Mousse Makeup reminds me a lot of Elizabeth Arden's Flawless Finish Mousse
makeup that has a cult following. But Revlon's formula is much more superb and a fraction of the cost. Plus if you've been wanting the Jlo glow, this is your answer. This has been my experience with this product and everyone will be different, but I think with proper application, it is pretty amazing for a drugstore foundation.

Packaging & Price: A pump can. Comes out like a mousse. $8 at Target.

Coverage:  The light-weight formula gives a medium coverage.
What I absolutely love is how light and airy it feels. I cannot stand heavy thick makeup and I love
how my skin breathes in this. It doesn't settle into fine lines and gives an airbrush finish.

If you have a lot of dark age spots, dark blemish spots and excessive freckles, this will only give you
medium coverage.  It is buildable, but for those trouble areas you will need concealer.

Staying power:  I've been wearing it for ten hour days and it has lasted pretty well.  I have normal/oily combination skin.  I usually touch-up midday with blotting powders on my t-zone.
Many beauty gurus on youtube have said that this is absolutely not for oily skin types. But I disagree.  This formula is oil free.
If you have very oily skin you should be using a mattifying primer anyway which will counteract the oiliness, and also a non-oily sunscreen that is matte.  You will be fine with this product, and in fact will enjoy how light it feels on your face.

Application:  I recommend using a foundation brush for a flawless finish. (Sonia Kashuk- synthetic flat brush and Sigma- f80 flat top kabuki are my two favs)  Apply the foam directly onto the brush as to not waste it on the back of your hands like I see many people doing.   Buff into face. You will only need about two pumps if that.  Dust with your favorite powder.

Color Selection:  There are 8 shades to choose from.

Downside: Many people complain that the formula has a weird smell after it's pumped out of the can. Only 8 shades.

Shimmer: There is a slight shimmer in the product which I've read some people hate. But I prefer the Jlo glow look myself and think that it gives a nice warm effect to any skin tone.  Who doesn't want Jlo skin?

I read many reviews online before making this post and I have to wonder if the ones who complained, in fact know how to apply makeup properly for their skin type! There were many issues of it not blending at all or emphasizing lines. None of which I find to be true.  As a makeup artist I would never recommend a product that I haven't tested and found to be a worthwhile try.  I think you will love the light-weight feel and can easily rotate it into your regular foundation routine as an alternative look.  I believe every woman should have more than one foundation in her makeup bag anyway to achieve lighter or heavier coverage depending on the occasion. I hope you will give it a try. Choose two colors to begin with to find the best shade for your skin.   Return the one that doesn't fit.  Invest in a good foundation brush and get ready for beautiful glowing skin!
xx- Keep It Glam - Taj

11 comments:

Mademoiselle Poirot said...

Hmmm, might have to try it, I'm intrigued. Thanks for an informative post :-) xo

Despina T. said...

i've heard many good things about revlon too.especially for lipsticks.and now this.i think i am tempted to try some products now.nice review, jlo glow is sth i'd love too.

Curves Ahead Make up said...

I have to go buy this love this review thank you !!

Josie said...

I definitely need to invest in a good foundation -- it's time. I'll have to give this one a shot!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Isabel said...

i need to try this out!

Vanisha @ Vanisha's Life In...Australia said...

Investing is a good foundation is such sound advice. I'm by no means a professional but I've learnt what works for me along the way. I have two, and like you said, they're great for achieving different looks. You should do more and more of these posts Taj :)

Martina said...

Hmmm, sounds like a good foundation! Hope your day is lovely dear!

amy b.s. said...

as i am seriously makeup impaired, i would probably be one of those people who didn't know how to use the product correctly!

Johanna said...

Great review! Sounds like a great foundation ;) xoxo ♥

Satin And Salt said...

I really appreciate this review! I feel like no one ever does reviews of drugstore make up! I found this really helpful thanks!

-Nico

www.SatinAndSalt.com

dalphine said...

nice jobs... I still get my airbrush Tshirts at AIRBRUSH REVIEWS

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...