Thursday, January 31, 2013

Makeup Review: Neutrogena Shine Control Foundation

                Neutrogena Shine Control Liquid Makeup SPF 20 ($12.99)

I've been using this product for almost a month and these are my findings after at least 10 hr daily usage.
I have combination/oily skin and chose shade Nude 40. 
Overview
Neutrogena Shine Control Makeup helps provide 8 hour shine control in a lightweight, breathable formula. Shine Control Makeup blends perfectly for natural-looking coverage with a soft, matte finish. Broad-spectrum SPF 20 helps protect against sun damage.
  • 8 hour shine control
  • Lightweight, breathable formula
  • Won't over dry skin
  • Broad spectrum SPF 20
Available in eight (8) shades: Classic Ivory, Natural Ivory, Buff, Nude, Soft Beige, Natural Beige, Fresh Beige, Warm Beige.

It Contains Rice Protein Complex which they claim; "acts like tiny sponges to instantly eliminate shine & continuously absorb oil for 8 hours."
My shade, Nude is fairly close to my winter skin color and the
 consistency is thick and is not watery or runny. It is silicone based, and provides a medium to full coverage application.  Because of the thicker consistency, I do find you have to tap it a bit more to get it out of the bottle.
Application
I've been using the Sigma F80 Kabuki brush for application and have had no problems with the blending.
I know many reviews have mentioned problems with blending, but I've not encountered that.
I love that it still feels really light and breathable on my skin. I don't have to use very much product at all and
it covers anything I want to hide with a little more than one application.

It feels semi-matte after applying.  I set mine with Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder.
For the oil test:  I find that oily skin has waves of super oily days to medium, to mild. And overall,
it kept me mostly matte the entire day. I did have one day where it just didn't work at all and I was
very shiny and oily. 
As for breakouts: as a silicone based product, I don't have any reactions to it, and my skin
 has been clear.  After doing some online research, I found that some people had
problems with breakouts, dryness and blendability.  I personally did not have
any of these issues and love this product for it's semi-matte coverage.

Overall recommendation:
Product will keep you matte for at least a few hours. (if you have very oily skin-there is no magic foundation
that will keep you from having to touch-up powder/blot throughout the day)
Pro-Color payoff was great and did not require a lot of product.
Con-product is on the thicker side and doesn't "flow" out of the bottle.
Pro/Con -Smell is alright, not my favorite.

Would I recommend? Yes. If you have oily skin and the product you are using now works,
I wouldn't rush out and buy it.  But I do recommend giving it a try at some point.
I like this product so far and will be adding it to my daily routine for now.
Hope you found my review helpful! xoxo - Keep It Glam - Taj


*Disclaimer: I purchased this product with my own $$. This is not a sponsored post.

4 comments:

Rachel Jensen {Da Paura ♥} said...

Hello doll! I have oily skin and I'm always looking for good products. I agree though - there's really no magic product for it! :/

Josie said...

I might give this a shot -- I'm a BIG Neutrogena fan!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

md ishakl said...

Few days ago suddenly i feeling a problem about make brushe .I am always looking for a solution finally i find it this article

sigma f80 review

Pauline Reyes said...

Hi Miss Gorgeous, Thanks for the review. I will try this when I run out of magic foundation :)
xo,
~Pauline @Kallony

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...