Friday, April 5, 2013

Neutrogena Shine Control Line first impression

Neutrogena Shine Control Primer ($12.99)

Neutrogena Shine Control Primer helps makeup apply more smoothly and last longer, while optical modifiers help minimize the look of pores. Can be worn alone or under foundation. This lightweight, non-greasy formula with patent-pending rice protein technology acts like a sponge to absorb excess oil so skin stays shine-free and fresh looking all day.
  • 8 hour shine control with or without makeup
  • Extends the wear of makeup
  • Matte finish
  • Won't over dry skin or clog pores
Review:  Smell: it has a light scent to it that didn't bother me. Texture is slightly grainy? I can't put my finger on it, maybe it's the rice protein, but it isn't as silky smooth as I would like.  It is however, very lightweight which I liked a lot.  I applied it to my whole face with my fingers and then applied the Shine Control foundation and powder.  It did help keep my face mostly oil free for eight hours.  However, as an overall primer, I wish it had some properties that I think a primer needs such as minimizing pores and making the makeup last longer. I think I will only use it on my t-zone in the future, because it did keep my oiliness at bay which I loved.  But I will still use my Rachel K primer/CC cream on the rest of my face for lasting power, pore minimizer, etc.
I'm going to go over the line briefly - swatches and comparisons will be at the end of the post.

Neutrogena Shine Control Liquid Makeup SPF 20 ($12.99)

Neutrogena Shine Control Makeup helps provide 8 hour shine control in a lightweight, breathable formula. Shine Control Makeup blends perfectly for natural-looking coverage with a soft, matte finish. Broad-spectrum SPF 20 helps protect against sun damage.
  • 8 hour shine control
  • Lightweight, breathable formula
  • Won't over dry skin
  • Broad spectrum SPF 20
Available in eight (8) shades: Classic Ivory, Natural Ivory, Buff, Nude, Soft Beige, Natural Beige, Fresh Beige, Warm Beige.

Review: I love this foundation and have reviewed it before here on GG which you can read entirely here
Adding the full Shine Control line to my foundation routine does make a difference in keeping the oiliness at bay.   The foundation gives a medium matte coverage,and has a thicker consistency.  I do usually have to blot around my nose area around the 4 hour mark and by eight hours the makeup is holding up with the use of the Shine Control primer on the t-zone and my Rachel K primer on the rest of my face.  This foundation is one that I love for oily skin users and I keep it in my makeup kit.  I do wish it had a wider selection of color choices though!

Neutrogena Shine Control Powder ($11.99)

Neutrogena Shine Control Powder helps skin stay shine-free and fresh-looking all day. The lightweight powder with patent-pending rice protein technology acts like a sponge to absorb excess oil and instantly eliminates shine for a fresh look that lasts for 8 hours. Layers invisibly over makeup with a matte finish.

Claims to:
  • Blends invisibly into skin for a flawless look that’s never overdone
  • Perfect for on-the-go touch ups
  • Won't over dry skin or clog pores
  Review:  The powder comes in one color: Invisible and comes with a little powder puff applicator.  I was very skeptical of the light chalky color right away. After applying the primer and foundation I applied the powder to my entire face with a powder brush.  It felt very matte and I looked like a ghost.  I added some blush and bronzer to add some depth back to my face.  At the four hour check, my face was mostly matte and I did a small touch up around my nose area with the powder.  I did a flash photo of myself and it did show some white cast in the photo.  At the eight hour mark, I was relatively shine free.  I took another flash photo and the white cast was less noticeable.  Overall, the product did the job of keeping me mostly shine free in the t-zone area.  The cons are that it only comes in one color.  I don't believe this would work on darker skin tones very well.  I am an olive medium to light skin tone and it was still very white on me. I also wouldn't use this as an all-over face powder but more as a touch up/blotting powder throughout the day.
 
Hope this review helps you dolls with oily skin!
XOXO - Taj - Keep It Glam! 

Disclaimer* this post is in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Neutrogena.  All opinions are my own. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...