Friday, May 10, 2013

Ave Maria

Pinned Image
While I was pregnant with Baby Glam last year, I had a very special connection to
the Holy Virgin Mother Mary.  I remember being scared at times of how my life
was about to change and hoping that I would be a good mother to my first child.
 I had no idea what to expect. Giving birth itself was a scary thought. Raising a
little life to go out into the world is a great task to embark upon.  All these
thoughts and more would swirl through my head and I found peace in thinking
of the path that Mary the mother of Jesus walked.  I imagined what she must have
 felt and how scared she must have been to carry such a responsibility.  It gave me
strength to walk my own path. 
I remember when I was in the hospital in the
 delivery room, on my fifth or sixth hour of labor, I asked my husband to put on
 the song Ave Maria for me to help my nerves.  From the moment I heard that
beautiful song that Celine Dion sang, I felt this great courage and peace for
 my delivery.  I knew it was soon time for her to come into this world and I was
opening the door of life for her through my strength.  There was no more room
 for fear or doubts.  It was time to for her to come into our lives. Later, after she was
 a few weeks old, my mother-in-law mentioned to us that Baby Glam was born on
 the same day as Mary was said to have been born and that the day was in her honor. 
 Life is beautiful that way and I believe in miracles!
As I think of all the beautiful mother's who have or had the ultimate task of
raising children, I can only feel honor and respect towards the name Mother. 
Mother's you are beautiful. Happy Mother's Day!

Pinned Image


Pinned Image

Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Folk Art Icon, Religious Painting, Mary and Jesus, Virgin Mary, Mothers Love, Christian Art, Mother and Child, Wall Decor - Art Print

6 comments:

janettaylor said...

Lovely photos!

Josie said...

This is so sweet, Taj. Wishing you a beautiful first Mother's Day!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

InesMrs.Venus said...

My Sweet,
first you touched my heart with your comment full of warmth and love. Then your post just gave me the rest impulse to have tears in my eyes . A birth is such a present (ok, mine were complicated and I had two Ceasarean operations ) but the moments after, seeing that little Darling in your arms first and as you describe so wonderful the last hours before are so special, we never forget that ever. Your strong belief in God touches my heart, cause I feel the same and I have a wonderful sculpture of Jesus and Mother Mary here.
Your pictures are so lovely and I love the lines to "Mom" . I don't know, if my sons feel so intensive, but my daughter and me have a strong relationship. Those kids make my day every day!
So I wish you a unbelievable first Mother's Day!
XO Ines

Johanna V said...

Aww, lovely post :) ♥

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

What a beautiful story, Taj, of the peace you found during your pregnancy and the birth of your little angel. Hope your Mother's Day was a wonderful one! You asked me in your lovely comment last week how the house is coming along ... soooooo slow, but I love everything as it happens. It's hard to be patient sometimes, but I've simply been so incredibly busy with custom illustration commissions (seems I work ALL the time!) I haven't had time to do much decorating lately. Next on the house, we'll be having the entry floor tile broken up (70's looking tile, bleh!) and laying something beautiful in it's place, probably marble. That should be gorgeous! I need several new pieces of furniture (I'd like four matching club chairs for the library for the center of the room around an upholstered ottoman) and it's hard to not want everything right now! But, there is such a thing as a budget! lol Patience patience I must make my mantra! Have a great week, sweet! xo ~S

SANDY M Illustratoin
http://oohlafroufrou.blogspot..com

Curves Ahead Make up said...

Had to read as soon as you told me truly a beautiful story thank you for sharing it with us

xoxo
your friend
Candy

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...