Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Five Minutes With Marina Ruiz & Zulekya Silver

I'm doing a new series called 'Five Minutes With...' and to start it off I had the pleasure to interview Marina Ruiz and Zulekya Silver of Univision’s hit reality competition show, “Nuestra Belleza Latina” (Our Latin Beauty) It's down to the top 10 finalists and two of these Latin beauties’are representing our hometown of Los Angeles!


Five Minutes with Marina Ruiz



What is the best thing about being a Latina at this moment?
The best thing about being a Latina these days is that we are dreamers and fighters. Being part of this contest is a beautiful and yet difficult experience and, even though giving up might be tempting at times, I thank the Latin blood that runs through my veins; I’m still here, fighting for my dream.

What are your favorite beauty products?
 My favorite product is Garnier Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity hair products.

Who or what inspires you and why?
My mother is my greatest source of inspiration. Every time I feel sad, I remember that she’s out there, proud of my achievements. She inspires me because she is a hard-working woman and always looks for the way to accomplish everything she sets out to do.


What is your favorite vice?
My favorite vice is eating chocolate. I even steal chocolate and sweets from the judges’ table during “Nuestra Belleza Latina” tapings.

What has being a contestant on ‘Nuestra Belleza Latina’ taught you about yourself so far?
“Nuestra Belleza Latina” has truly been of great help. It has helped me to be confident, to learn that just having a pretty face doesn’t mean you’re better than everybody else. Everyone told me I wouldn’t accomplish anything here, but I’ve noticed that the nicest thing about someone is authenticity.


Five Minutes with Zuleyka Silver


What is the best thing about being a Latina at this moment?
 Precisely this moment! If I wasn't Latina I wouldn't be on 'Nuestra Belleza Latina'. This show has given me the opportunity to inspire young women to follow their dreams and be a positive voice.

What are your favorite beauty products?
Peter Thomas Roth, Jurlique, Clarasonic and of course Maybelline!

Who or what inspires you and why?
I was recently very inspired at the “Filly Brown” movie premiere. Seeing so many Latinos succeed in Hollywood makes me want to work even harder. I know I will soon be starring in my very own Hollywood film!

What is your favorite vice?
Purchasing celebrity gossip magazines at the airport. It's the only time I don't feel guilty for not being productive.


What has being a contestant on ‘Nuestra Belleza Latina’ taught you about yourself so far?
Being on the show has made me a very disciplined person. It has also taught me to always do my best so I never have regrets. The key is to always be present.

Thanks ladies, wishing you the best of luck!! (Love the pink dresses!)




1 comments:

InesMrs.Venus said...

These ladies resemble Eva Longoria. I love her. She is natural, but glamouros and full of power. Maybe that results of her roots. Cause I think Zuleyka and Marina have he same charisma.
Hope, you feel good!
Have a wonderful week.
Love, Ines

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...