Monday, March 23, 2015

First Impressions: Purminerals Start Now 5 Piece Beauty-to-go Collection


This is a quick first impression on the Purminerals Starter kit. If you would like a more
 in-depth review, please let me know.
This collection comes with five pieces: Correcting Primer, 4-in-1 Mineral Makeup, Mineral Glow,
Chisel Brush, & mascara.

I tried the color Golden Medium, I believe it comes in 8 shades.
First I applied the Correcting primer, which is supposed to reduce pores and brighten skin over time.
The primer went on smooth and a little goes a long way. It worked great to fill in pores. 
I have oily/ combination skin and my issues are dark circles, so I usually prefer a full coverage makeup. I was very curious to see how much coverage the makeup would provide. 
Next, I applied the 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup with the chisel brush. I did not like the brush at all.  There was way too much fallout everytime I applied product to my face. I ended up using one of my own better quality brushes. 
The makeup is supposed to be your foundation, powder, concealer and spf 15.  I applied it as directed in circular motions and buffed it into the skin. It feels very lightweight and doesn't feel like makeup at all. The coverage is buildable, but for me it gives more of a BB cream type coverage. Something that is nice for weekend wear, or running errands or gym, but it did't give the coverage I need for my dark circles. It definitely feels light and airy and the color was a perfect match.






The mineral glow is a bronzing powder with shea butter and antioxidants and gives a nice subtle gleam
to the overall look. I really like the bronzer, it's not shimmery or muddy. It gives such a pretty sun glow color.
The mascara was fine, but I have my favorites that I'll stick to!

Overall, it is a great starter kit minus the brush. I love that the makeup is made with minerals that 
benefit your skin. Coverage wise, I would definitely recommend it for someone who only needs light to medium coverage. After wearing all day, the foundation stayed in place and didn't migrate, but I did add my own concealer to feel like I didn't scare anyone! 

Have you tried mineral makeup?

Xo- Taj

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...