Friday, April 29, 2016

Steam Facial DIY

 I wanted to share a quick and easy diy steam facial that I do every week with you guys.
I shared in my last favorites post that I love to do steam facials with essential oils.
I have been doing them since I was a teenager! I know they make a big difference in my
overall skin appearance, with detoxification and the infusion of essential oils, it is so 
good for you! Here's some of my favorite products!
xoxo!

I always start with a good facial scrub like this Suraya Brasil 
Sapien Women Facial Scrub with Coconut bark 
and organic Burti. (It's on sale in the link!)
This line is made with Amazonian organic ingredients, 
and 100% natural exfoliants. 
It is 98.8% natural & helps remove  impurities.

Next I'll pour in some boiling hot water into a pretty bowl, 
add some drops of essential oil,
I try different oils depending on my mood and skin needs. 
 I also added some fresh lavender from my yard. sometimes I will
 add rose petals or lemon slices.
Use what you have! Herbs are great too, like mint or rosemary.

Place a towel over your head and lean into the steam for at least 10. 
Even if you only have 5 minutes,
you will notice a difference! But I steam from 10-15 minutes.

After the steam I will follow with a mask.  
It contains essential oils from the bark of the preciosa tree. 
I will add a few drops of my Organic Himalayan Sea Buckthorn Berry Oil
to the mask and leave on my face for 20 min.  
This oil contains more than 190 bio active nutrients.  You can use it
topically or add some drops to your tea or smoothie.  
It does have orange color to it so if you apply it to your skin, use at night
or with another product like a self tanner! I add a few drops to my sunless tanner (which is a
natural brand) and it gives the prettiest glow!


Follow up with your favorite moisturizer and your skin will feel amazing!

I like to make a calming, soothing experience out of my steam facial.  
So I will add soft music, a candle that smells amazing like 
 The candle comes in a beautiful pink glass container, 
it's just beautiful and aromatic! 
Check out their candles and treat yourself!
I also will add flowers around if I have them, 
just to add an natural,  pretty earthy element.

The essential oil I added in this steam was Aura Cacia 
Geranium is comforting, stress relieving, anti-bacterial, has skin healing
properties, helps heal scars and remove/fade spots, helps treat acne.

I also brought out my beautiful Rose Quartz stone & Love Stone 
that my beautiful blogger friend Jessica sent me from her online Etsy shop here.  She 
features natural earthy elements to beauty and
 well being, and a monthly box subscription! 
The stones are just another natural element, a reminder to think on love 
and feel the beautiful earthy energy. 

I think it's important to treat yourself and do special, easy diy touches
like this facial weekly. It will de-stress and detox you and leave you feeling
amazing! Try it out and let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...