Thursday, September 15, 2016

Drugstore Haul & First Impressions: NYC, Rimmel, L'Oreal, Physicians Formula


Trying out some drugstore makeup and my first impressions with most of these!
I really wanted to try out the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow and I am happy I did!
See my thoughts on everything below.
xoxo

L'Oreal Infallible Pro Glow
So it was sold out everywhere for what seemed like weeks on end.  
At least that's what the beauty community was saying! 
I waltzed into Walgreens a few weeks ago and I hit the jackpot. So
I picked up two shades to mix, per the usual.  
This isn't a review or comparison to my beloved Pro-Matte, 
however, I do really love it too!
I have combination skin and I can get really oily in the summer.
With that being said, this is so glowy and fabulous, I did not feel like a
 cheeseburger at all! It has great medium to full coverage and it lasts all day. 
Love.

L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer
This works great, the color is a nice dark rich chocolate and not a weird ashy
color. A good one to have.


 I have this thing with Rimmel, I have loved the brand for a long time.
The Stay Matte Powder is my Ride or Die!
So I tried a few face products and I only really liked the
Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation and the BB Cream
9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Makeup in Radiance.
The Stay matte is awesome if you have oily skin.
I mix mine in with my BB cream and love it.
It leaves my skin matte and has great coverage.
The BB cream in Radiance is a primer, smoother, concealer,
pore minimize, natural coverage, moisturizes, brightens & wakes skin up and
gives a radiant finish. I like this for everyday errands makeup, for beachy makeup 
and for mixing into other makeup for a glow.

So, the Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer & Highlighter,
I was super excited about this product.  But it was a major left down,
and it left crepes under my eyes. 
Straight to the garbage can it will go. It was bad.

The Lasting Finish 25HR w/Comfort Serum, SPF 20
is a Skin Perfecting Full Coverage Foundation.
It was just way too light in the shade I got. 
I may try again and let you know how it goes. 



NYC Get It All Lip Color
These seem very sheer, but are actually very pigmented on the lips. They smell
a little fruity and are moisturizing. I think #102 in MochaAmazing is perfect
for fall. 
(Swatch L to R: 301 WondeRedful, 102 MOCHAmazing, 201 FUCHSIAtastic)


 Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Gold Nude
Gorgeous! Go get it! I didn't have time to swatch these (I swatched on Snapchat!) but they are 
super pigmented and metallic heavenliness!

Argan Wear Ultra-Nourishing Argan Oil Bronzer
Another love. So pretty, they just nail bronzers everytime!



 Wet n Wild Megaglow Illuminating Palette 
I'm so spoiled with amazing highlighters, that I was 
not in love with this. As you can see in the swatch,
from left to right the pigmentation just disappears!
The first two are okay. If you swirl it, it's okay.
It can be a little chalky. But for $3, it will give you a nice glow.
I love how big it is too!


NYC City Proof 24hr Waterproof Eyeshadow 
You guys know I love pencil eyeshadow sticks and these are cool.
In the swatch below from the bottom up  is 640 Central Park Tulips, 
630 Empire State Building and 635 New York at Night.
Love all the cute NYC names! Really pretty fall colors.
I like the purple and the silver, but I may have gotten a bad black as it was
really dry and not silky like the other two. But overall, I like them.


Rimmel Magnifeyes 
Kohl Kajal Eye liner and Eyeshadow Sticks in the swatch below from 
top to bottom: Queens of the Bronzed Age, Dark Side of Blue and
Back to Blacks. These are super pigmented eyeshadows and I think they are great colors for fall
as well. Perfect to have in purse or for travel.







 NYC Show Time Kohl Kajal Liners in 
Deep Brown, True Black and Purple Glam.
Super pigmented, no tug, very creamy, love.

NYC Big Bold & Precis Liquid Liner in Extra Black.
In the swatch above, it is the two top lines.
It has a felt angled tip so the bottom swatch is on the angle.
Which, was not as pigmented as the the full angle side. 
But the black is very black and not grey. Love that too.



Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick Crayon
I have been using these non-stop since I got them. I want more!
They are waterproof and the Goal Digger, everybody needs! You can
just swipe it on and be done with your eye.  The Paranoid Purple is
really gorgeous too. So creamy, so pigmented, love! 

That's my drugstore haul, hope you found some new items to try!
xoxo -Taj

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...