Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Thinking Pink

Breast Cancer Awareness Month is in full swing and I've got 
a few brands that I think you will love to support who are
supporting this important cause so dear to my heart.

This year my husband and I lost a dear family friend to cancer.
It seemed like it was out of nowhere, side-railing us all.
From one day to the next we were gathering our thoughts and 
prayers just to make sense of having to say goodbye so soon.

I remember the last time I saw her, she was wearing a wig to 
cover her distress. I hugged her and I could feel her frailness and
I saw the pain in her eyes. 
She smiled and chatted with me about the kids.
  I had no idea it was the last time I would see her.

I know many of us know someone who has cancer, 
who is battling for their life, or who has lost their
struggle.
We've got to find the answers to these cancers. We've got
to get educated on toxic products that we use on a daily basis that
aren't helping any of us.
We have to support brands that are using healthy ingredients
and who are conscious of their customers' well being and not just
a profit margin.

I hope you will take the stand with me
and think pink on a daily basis. 
Let's clean out our skincare cabinets 
and beauty cabinets and replace everything 
with non-toxic, healthy ingredients.
It matters. Your dollar matters where you spend it.
Show them we want healthy products by
 voting with your money in the stores. 

Beterre Skin+care
Beterre was developed by a two-time breast cancer 
survivor Gina Maisano.
She worked alongside a botanical chemist to create a 
non-toxic beauty line that is suitable for 
even the most sensitive skin.
Made from garden grown ingredients, like lavender, marigold 
and chamomile to name a few.
During October, Beterre will donate 20% of their
 profits to cancer research.
There are many great products to choose from.  I have been
really loving the Clarifying Cooling Toner. It's refreshing and
leaves my skin glowing.
Take a look at the ingredients! 

From the Garden: Witch Hazel, Green Tea, Bilberry, 
Orange, Cucumber,
 Ylang Ylang, Sugarcane, Chamomile, 
Elemi, Sugar Maple,
 Orange, Bergamot, Grape Seed, Siberian Fir, Lemon, 
Parsley, Pomegranate, Coneflower, Raspberry, Ginseng, 
Elderflower, Lavender, Rosehips

Shop



Travalo
Travalo is a leader in travel fragrance options and allows you to
pick whichever kind of healthy fragrance you desire!
Just add your fragrance into their beautiful containers and you have a 
a refreshing spritz wherever you are!
Travalo is donating 25% of all pink model sales (there are 3!)
to Bright Pink. It is the only non-profit organization focused on early detection
of breast and ovarian cancer in young women.

Shop


eos
During October the brand is partnering with Memorial Sloan Kettering
Cancer Center to support cancer survivors.
Each purchase of the Berry Blossom Body Lotion 
eos will donate 100% of net profits to breast cancer research!
eos berry blossom lotion is 100% natural; formulated with shea butter,
avocado oil and vitamin E.
It smells amazing!
I've seen it at many drugstores and you can buy it here at Target!

invisibobble
Lastly, invisibobble the traceless hair ring
that won't leave any kinks or split ends!
Trade your ponytail holder
for a stylish invisibobble.
invisi bobble donated to 4 cancer charities
that their fans voted for.
You can wear your invisibobble as a bracelet too 
to show your support! #pinkheroes
Shop

xoxo -Taj


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...